Job Details & Application
Registry Counselor- Bilingual Posted on May 4, 2021
Registry Counselors provide direct services to older adults and people with disabilities currently receiving In-Home Supportive Services through California’s state IHSS program. Additionally, this position works to engage and provide general guidance Independent Homecare Providers working with the IHSS Consumer population. Under the supervision of the Registry and On-Call Program Manager, our Registry Counselors work as a multi-lingual team to ensure high quality community services are provided to all IHSS Consumers and Providers we serve. This is a full-time position which also requires working occasional evenings and weekends.
Status: Full- Time; Non-Exempt
Reporting Manager: Registry and On-Call Program Manager
Duties & Responsibilities
- 1. Complete Consumer intakes and assist in assessing and identifying their service needs and preferences for a homecare Provider.
- 2. Provide continued support to Consumers having difficulty hiring a homecare Provider independently.
- 3. Coordinate and schedule Emergency On-Call services with Consumer/Authorized Rep, IHSS Social Workers, and community partners.
- 4. Perform ongoing assessment of Consumers' needs for services and supply referrals to internal and external programs to ensure Consumers are connected to resources.
- 5. Monitor Consumer hiring progress and conduct follow-up with Consumer and other parties involved.
- 6. Assist Consumers and their homecare Providers with mitigating work-related issues and miscommunication.
- 7. Assist with interviewing, screening, reference checking, orienting, and accepting homecare Providers on the Registry.
- 8. Investigate and process Consumer and homecare Provider complaints based on Registry and On-Call Policies and Procedures.
- 9. Enter Provider and Consumer information in the Salesforce database and maintain confidential case files through proper documentation and case notes.
- 10. Work rotation shift for On-Call evenings and weekends (including holidays), arranging emergency services weekly and rotating. Provide language support to afterhours On-Duty staff as needed.
- 11. Assist with the implementation of Provider recruitment and Consumer outreach plans.
- 12. Participate in and host community presentations and outreach events.
- 13. Help with planning and development of additional service programmatic components.
- 14. Assist and support other Departments with translations.
- 15. Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- 1. Bilingual in English and Spanish and/or Cantonese and/or Russian; oral and written required.
- 2. Have exceptional organizational and customer service skills.
- 3. Able to execute, analyze, and complete all reporting and deadlines as required.
- 4. Able to work independently and be an innovative team player who can adapt to the high pace, intense, and continuously changing working environment.
- 5. Strong written and oral communication skills.
- 6. Demonstrated knowledge or capacity to understand issues and services relating to disability, aging, personal assistance services, registry operations, the IHSS program and independent living principles.
- 7. Able to interpret and apply federal, state, local, and program policies, procedures, laws, and regulations; and can be flexible and take the initiative in decision-making to avoid service barriers.
Education & Experience
- 1. Four years of relevant experience or four years of college courses in social services or a similar area of study or a comparable combination of education and experience.
- 2. Experience working in a non-profit environment preferred.
- 3. Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office programs, including databases.
People with Disabilities at the San Francisco IHSS Public Authority
The San Francisco In-Home Supportive Service Public Authority recognizes the value of having significant representation of people with disabilities in all units and at all levels of staff and management. For this reason, the Public Authority strongly encourages applications for employment from people with disabilities. To maximize flexibility related to benefits, the agency has adopted a "cafeteria" benefits plan. The Public Authority provides several health care plans and dental options for employees working 75% time or more. All employees with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation (as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act and California Department of Fair Employment and Housing Act.).
How to Apply
The San Francisco In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority is an Equal Opportunity employer. We actively seek applications from people with disabilities, seniors, women, and people of color.
To be considered for this position, upload your resumé and cover letter of no more than two pages to the PA Job Application page.