Job Details & Application
On-Call Program Coordinator Posted on June 9, 2022
The Mission of San Francisco IHSS Public Authority is to provide an in-home supported service for older adults and people with disabilities. Join a team that promotes and maximizes the potential of older adults and people with disabilities to live independently and participate in their communities. The On-Call Program Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and managing all activities related to the On-Call Emergency Program. This position offers an opportunity to coordinate, schedule, communicate, and monitor On-Call service visits. If you're interested in joining the San Francisco IHSS Public Authority team and learning more about this opportunity, apply now!
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reporting Manager: Registry and On-Call Program Manager
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Responsible for coordinating program activities including oversight of On-Call care providers and coordination of service referrals.
2. Process On-Call referrals the same day; receives referrals, documents case request, completes client intake including detailed preferences and care plan/service tasks.
3. Communicates client care plans to care providers in a clear and concise manner when scheduling visit.
4. Documents all communications and service visits in Salesforce within one business day.
5. Generates daily, weekly, and monthly report of services and open cases to minor service delivery, attendance, identify potential replacement needs, and update case status.
6. Reviews and reconciliates care providers' Paychex timecard into Salesforce biweekly for payroll.
7. Works with ROC Manager to generate reports and reconcile billing with County on a monthly basis.
8. Supervises On-Call care providers to ensure program and services are in compliance with policies and procedures.
9. Conducts biweekly check-ins with all active On-Call workers and follow up on any issues if necessary.
10. Conducts client satisfaction surveys on a quarterly basis.
11. Documents and follows up on report that identify care providers who might require coaching related to attendance, performance, and other policy violations.
12. Provides the program manager with feedback and recommendations about care providers performance, areas of strength and areas that require improvement. Develops plans to support and address areas of improvement.
13. Responsibile to conduct and investigate into consumer or provider complaints and ensure all information is entered into the database.
14. Reports clients who are unsafe or at-risk for abuse or neglect to Adult Protective Services.
15. Assists and participates in care provider recruitment and marketing campaigns.
16. Collaborates with the Human Resources Generalist on recruitment and onboarding process of On-Call care providers.
17. Ensures On-Call care providers maintain work requirements up-todate, such as; TB clearance, Basic Caregiving Certification, CPR/FA Certification, Mandated Reporter Certification, and yearly Skills Assesment.
18. Works closely with the Human Resources Generalist on discipliniary process and action for On-Call care providers.
19. Works closely witht he ROC Manager to develop On-Call care provider recruitment and retention plan.
20. Serve as the primary back-up for On-Call after-hours rotation schedule.
21. Required to work occasional evenings and weekends arranging emergency replacement of workers for consumers, especially in response to DAS request.
22. Participates in meetings and provides report, as necessary.
23. Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
1. Four years of relevant experience or four years of college courses in human or social services field or similar area of study or a comparable combination of education and expirience.
2. Expirience working in non-profit environment preferable.
3. Prior supervising experience a plus
4. Bilingual in Enlgish/Spanish or Spanish/English is required.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Excellent time management and organizational skills.
7. Expirience with MS Word, Excel, and ability to learn new software and database systems.
8. Knowledge and understanding of responsibility to maintain confidentiality.
9. Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with and support other members of a team
10. Demonstrated knowledge or capacity to understand issues and services relating to disability, aging, personal assistance services, registry operations, the IHSS program and independent living principles.
People with Disabilities at the San Francisco IHSS Public Authority
The San Francisco In-Home Supportive Service Public Authority recognizes the value of having significant representation of people with disabilities in all units and at all levels of staff and management. For this reason, the Public Authority strongly encourages applications for employment from people with disabilities. To maximize flexibility related to benefits, the agency has adopted a "cafeteria" benefits plan. The Public Authority provides several health care plans and dental options for employees working 75% time or more. All employees with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation (as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act and California Department of Fair Employment and Housing Act.).
How to Apply
The San Francisco In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority is an Equal Opportunity employer. We actively seek applications from people with disabilities, seniors, women, and people of color.
To be considered for this position, upload your resumé and cover letter of no more than two pages to the PA Job Application page.