Job Details & Application
DOJ / LiveScan Technician Posted on June 18, 2020
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Finance and Operations, reviews Department of Justice (DOJ) criminal record results for Independent Provider (IP) applicants for the San Francisco In-Home Supportive Services Program (IHSS). This position requires working in collaboration with multiple agencies (SF IHSS Public Authority (PA) Department of Justice, Independent Provider Assistance Center (IPAC) and Department of Aging & Adult Services (DAAS)). This position also requires rolling of fingerprints of IPs, reviewing all records with an identified criminal history, identifying types of convictions and checking identified exclusion codes under California Welfare and Institution Code and Penal Code (Tier 1 & Tier 2 crimes), and determine eligibility status for convictions and inactivity. Technical experience is required for entering records results into CMIPS II database and generating required and requested reports.
Status: Full-Time; Non-Exempt
Reporting Manager: Director of Finance and Operations
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review all DOJ records and identify exclusionary codes for IP applicants to determine eligibility to become an IHSS homecare provider and enter data into CORI and CMIPS II database. Ensure CORI and CMIPS II database is up to date with most recent information and reflects any subsequent records.
- Generate and provide daily/monthly reports to IPAC, DAAS and DOJ and other reports requested.
- Process the biometric (fingerprints) registration for applicants seeking work as an IP and notify IP’s if reprints are necessary.
- Follow standard protocol to process ineligible IP applicants and current IP’s with subsequent records.
- Primary contact to IP’s for questions regarding DOJ record results and eligibility status.
- Liaison between Public Authority, DAAS, IPAC and DOJ regarding any criminal record information data
- for applicants.
- Attend meetings with all collaborating agencies as needed.
- Responsible for monthly SOC 881 project. Includes sending monthly notice to IP’s, update records in database and send required reports to IPAC and DAAS.
- Work collaboratively with the Senior HR Generalist to assist with mentor and on-call provider DOJ records.
- Primary back up for receptionist/admin support position.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must be able to obtain DOJ background check clearance.
- Advance technical proficiency in Microsoft Office (word & excel) and browser-based web applications.
- Experience in handling confidential information.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Highly organized and demonstrated ability to multi-task and high attention to detail.
- Excellent communications skills. Bilingual in another language a plus.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures, while using good judgment and initiative.
- Ability to sit and perform work in front of a computer 80% of the time.
- Ability to read and understand data reports and correspondence.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Must have 2 or more years of direct experience in database setting.
People with Disabilities at the San Francisco IHSS Public Authority
The San Francisco In-Home Supportive Service Public Authority recognizes the value of having significant representation of people with disabilities in all units and at all levels of staff and management. For this reason, the Public Authority strongly encourages applications for employment from people with disabilities. To maximize flexibility related to benefits, the agency has adopted a "cafeteria" benefits plan. The Public Authority provides several health care plans and dental options for employees working 75% time or more. All employees with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation (as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act and California Department of Fair Employment and Housing Act.).
How to Apply
The San Francisco In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority is an Equal Opportunity employer. We actively seek applications from people with disabilities, seniors, women, and people of color.
To be considered for this position, upload your resumé and cover letter of no more than two pages to the PA Job Application page.