Job Details & Application
Registry Specialist Posted on November 12, 2019
Under the supervision of the Registry & On-Call Program Manager coordinates administrative and outreach activities for services provided by the Public Authority. This position focuses on expanding the Public Authority’s outreach to the community, recruit, enroll, retain and support providers. The position also provides direct administrative support to the Registry & On-Call Manager and Program Staff.
Status: Full-time; Exempt
Reporting Manager: Registry and On-Call Program Manager
Duties & Responsibilities
- Main person to coordinate and process the on boarding of new providers into the Registry; guides providers through the informative video, assists providers with questions regarding the application process, verifies IHSS eligibility status, distribute applications, interviews, screens, checks references, hosts orientations, creates provider ID badges, and accepts independent providers onto the Registry.
- Input data into HOMCare2 database system; in depth note taking, intake information, document scanning, and uploading.
- Provide administrative support for the Registry and On-Call programs:
- a. Act as a backup Support Services Counselor, as necessary; consumer intakes, preference assessment, scheduling, matching, and pre-interview assistance of providers.
- b. Handles consumer/provider disputes and complaints. Has the ability to deescalate distressed situations, process complaints into HC2, notifies the Program Manager, and investigates.
- c. Assist with On-Call assignments during business hours, as necessary.
- d. Work closely with the On-Call Coordinator, and assist with reviewing bi-weekly payroll reports and timesheets.
- e. Assists the On-Call Coordinator with verifying the bi-weekly payroll /service hours report.
- Assist providers with processing their monthly check in updates via phone, online, or in person.
- Collect and analyze data of consumer, provider, and local community demographic, to identify key areas in order to enhance outreach and recruitment efforts.
- Assists in the creation and implementation of marketing materials for provider recruitment.
- Act as the liaison to our community partners. Organize and attend community outreach events to inform the community about the programs offered by the Public Authority.
- Responsible for tracking registry provider monthly updates, TB test expiration dates, training certifications, and other tracking as assigned. Generates a monthly report for each of these categories and follows up with providers.
- Responsible for updating/revising data, and troubleshooting with database programmers.
- Responsible for collecting, tracking and analyzing reports as assigned by the Program Manager.
- Create flyers and other outreach materials as required.
- Provides referrals and links to community services to both consumers and providers.
- Responsible for setting up and overseeing mass mailings, text messages, voice messages, and other announcements and reminders.
- Conducts satisfaction surveys.
- Screen and suggest potential Registry Providers to the On-Call Program Coordinator to become an On-Call worker.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bilingual skills: oral and written fluency in English and Spanish required.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Sensitivity towards and skill in working with diverse ethnic and cultural individuals and groups, people with disabilities and seniors.
- Ability to work collaboratively, as part of a team, and independently
- Excellent communication and relationship skills.
- Proven leadership abilities, showing initiative and ownership of assignments/projects.
- Innovative and savvy with new technology to increase productivity or the ability to learn.
- Highly organized and demonstrated the ability to multi-task.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working in a non-profit environment preferred.
- Experience with database systems such as word, PowerPoint, excel, and access.
People with Disabilities at the San Francisco IHSS Public Authority
The San Francisco In-Home Supportive Service Public Authority recognizes the value of having significant representation of people with disabilities in all units and at all levels of staff and management. For this reason, the Public Authority strongly encourages applications for employment from people with disabilities. To maximize flexibility related to benefits, the agency has adopted a "cafeteria" benefits plan. The Public Authority provides several health care plans and dental options for employees working 75% time or more. All employees with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation (as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act and California Department of Fair Employment and Housing Act.).
How to Apply
The San Francisco In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority is an Equal Opportunity employer. We actively seek applications from people with disabilities, seniors, women, and people of color.
To be considered for this position, upload your resumé and cover letter of no more than two pages to the PA Job Application page.