Job Details & Application
Outreach Specialist Posted on October 4, 2019
The Outreach Specialist will be responsible for working closely with County In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) staff to implement an Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) outreach, training and enrollment plan to over 35,000 IHSS recipients and providers of IHSS. Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) is a federal mandate that requires all states to implement an electronic-based system that collects service delivery information including hours, location, type, and start/stop times of service. This information is collected through a secure website or a telephone (land-based or mobile) or a mobile application (“app”). Under the direction of the Outreach Coordinator, the Outreach Specialist will be responsible for carrying out a variety of outreach and educational tasks with the goal of enrolling over 35,000 IHSS recipients and providers of IHSS into the EVV system. This is a temporary position with funding through December 2020, with the possibility to extend to January 2021.
Status: Full-time or Part-time; Non-Exempt
Reporting Manager: Outreach Coordinator
Duties & Responsibilities
- Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide telephone inbound and outbound enrollment assistance to recipients and providers
- Provide in-person group training and enrollment sessions throughout San Francisco
- Provide in-person one-on-one walk-in environment enrollment sessions
- Provide in-home one-on-one training with bedfast and significantly impaired recipients and their providers
- Provide training and outreach to Community Based Organizations and other stakeholders to encourage and assist populations with enrollment
- Provide on-going technical support to recipients, providers and staff.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bilingual/bicultural skills (oral and written fluency in English and Cantonese/Mandarin or Spanish preferred).
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain outreach materials and supplies.
- Ability to travel and navigate throughout all 11 districts of San Francisco.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Highly adaptable and possesses excellent problem-solving skills.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office (word & excel) and browser-based web applications.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Ability to perform routine walking/standing/twisting during course of day.
- Ability to hear and speak well enough to converse over telephone 100% of the time.
- Ability to sit and perform work in front of a computer 80% of the time.
- Ability to read and understand data reports and correspondence.
Education & Experience
- Must have 2 or more years of teaching, outreach, or customer service experience.
People with Disabilities at the San Francisco IHSS Public Authority
The San Francisco In-Home Supportive Service Public Authority recognizes the value of having significant representation of people with disabilities in all units and at all levels of staff and management. For this reason, the Public Authority strongly encourages applications for employment from people with disabilities. To maximize flexibility related to benefits, the agency has adopted a "cafeteria" benefits plan. The Public Authority provides several health care plans and dental options for employees working 75% time or more. All employees with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation (as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act and California Department of Fair Employment and Housing Act.).
How to Apply
The San Francisco In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority is an Equal Opportunity employer. We actively seek applications from people with disabilities, seniors, women, and people of color.
To be considered for this position, upload your resumé and cover letter of no more than two pages to the PA Job Application page.